GOALS for a more sustainable food system:
1. Increase sustainable farms, farmers and food production in Metro Atlanta.
2. Expand number of community gardens.
3. Encourage backyard gardens, edible landscaping, and urban orchards.
4. Launch Farm-to-School programs (gardens, cafeteria food, and curriculum).
5. Expand cooking skills for simple dishes made from fresh, locally grown foods.
6. Develop local purchasing guidelines and incentives for governments, hospitals, and Atlanta institutions.
7. Increase local, fresh food availability in underserved neighborhoods.
8. Increase and promote local food in grocery stores, farmers’ markets,
restaurants, and other food outlets.
(Click here to download a copy of the entire Plan for Atlanta’s Sustainable Food Future report.)